The monitor arrived and I'm pleased to say it fitted perfectly. Next step was to paint the cabinet before fitting buttons etc.
For painting, I used a wood primer then a black gloss, applied with a mini gloss roller. I am fairly pleased with the result. However the paint was a single coat gloss, so went on a little thick. I think a liquid gloss may have given a smoother result. But still, I'm pleased with the outcome.
Keeping my costs down, I had an old arcade joystick that I made many years ago. This allowed my to reuse the buttons and an IPAC board. Picture above shows the machine all wired up with an old Atom pc. Next I will need to get the software loaded. I am planning on using the great Hyperspin frontend, and of course MAME emulator and I'm sure a few others.
I will also need to order a marquee and bezel. This will probably be some perspex. I'll post again once it's progressed a bit.